Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Triathlon Training - Breakfast of Champions

IMG_2358Yesterday my box of mixed variety GU gels arrived. I had to replenish my supply of GU as I have been consuming one every morning on my way to my workouts. As my work load has increased I feel that I need a little something before I start. I don't have enough time to eat anything more so they work out well. I also ordered some Chomps just to mix things up. I need to start to experiment with other things my stomach can handle while training.









IMG_2361One thing that I always do when I get my GU is organize them. I have a windowsill in my basement where I like to lay them all out.

I like to organize by flavors. It is time to consume the flavors that I only enjoy in the cold before the weather breaks for good.





IMG_2359IMG_2360I also decided to buy Bonk Breaker bars. After reading about them being part of Ironman I decided to buy a variety box to see how they treat me.











When I am not eating waffles before my big run I keep things simple. Someone mentioned to me on Twitter the other night about trying PowerBar Cola Blasts. I need to track these down. Any other suggestions about things you eat before/during workouts? I need to find some solid foods to consume on the bike for my 70.3 Ironman. So many little details to think about that can make or break a good race.

No comments: