Monday, July 9, 2012

6 Days Remain - Taper Day 1

Today is pretty simple in terms of workout planning.

Do nothing.

sounds so easy, but when you train and train hard for 180 days to actually do nothing on purpose is tough. It is 6 am as Ava decided to wake up at 5:30 on the day I could have actually slept in.

I feel antsy as I am not in the pool, running, or biking.

I need to just enjoy it and I will as the day goes on, but I am usually an hour into a workout by now.

My body recovered well from the long ride ysterday. I ate all day. I could not keep myself full.

The only things sore are my knees and my feet. I will schedule to see Dr. Walden to fine tune the body before the race and I should be good to go.

With no training today I will probably work on some house projects and hopefully find time for a nap when Ava goes down.

I swear these days of tapers can be the hardest.

1 comment:

Jeff Paul said...

Funny to read this...I've enjoyed reading your countdown as mine is the same. I'm also ironically on a 6 day taper with no workouts today! Remember you do all the work you did so that you can now rest up this week and make a big withdrawal on Sunday. You will be GREAT!!!