Friday, July 27, 2012

Biggest Swim Workout To Date - 4500 yards

This was the most I have ever spent in a pool. This was a lot of swimming. I started around 6 am to allow myself to sleep in bit. This was my only workout for the day to give my body time to rest for the Bix.

Here is what I did and I was quite proud of this workout.

Warm-Up
200 free @ 3:45
200 pull @ 3:43
200 kick @ 4:05
Total 11:35

Main Set
2500 yard swim. I finally became smart and switched my watch to run mode and recorded each 100 yard swim. This allowed me to not worry about keeping count. I felt good the whole swim until about the last 600 yards. Then I started to get tired, but I held on to finish at a consistent pace. With one last 100 to go a guy was waiting to share my lane and when I hit the wall he tapped my shoulder and I about pooped my pants. It scared me to death as I was just focused with finishing strong. Needless to say I had a huge adrenaline surge the last 2 minutes of swimming.

Time: 48:20 with average 100 of 1:51

Main Set #2

I was tired and was not sure if I would be able to finish this workout as I did not want to overdo it and be wiped out for the Bix tomorrow. So, I had scheduled 1200 yards with paddles. I decided to give my legs a break and used paddles with the pull buoy. This was a great upper body workout. Whew!

1200 yards with paddles and pull buoy @ 21:28

Cool Down 200 kick with board @ 4:10

Total Yards: 4500
Total Time: 1:25:33

I saw a lot of people come and go in the pool. Now it is on to painting, staining, cleaning, and finally watching the kids run the Bix tonight. Happy Friday to all.


No comments: