Saturday, August 25, 2012

Lego Building Challenge Begins

This summer I taught Moving To Middle. It is a class to help out the upcoming 6th graders.

In my small group I gave one student each day a pack of Lego pieces to take home. Their job was to create something cool.

I have decided to keep this challenge going because it is a ton of fun.

Here are the rules

1. You can only use the pieces provided in the bag. There are 20 pieces total.


IMG_3532

2. You do not have to use them all. Use a few or use them all.

3. You need to come up with a name for your build.

4. You have one day to complete. I need the creation and extra pieces and bag returned the next morning before/during TA so I can move it on to the next person. Even if you forget, please return the items.



You will sign up with the form posted below(or on the Lego Challenge tab above). This form will allow me to keep track of the order of who is next in line. I will contact you via your Gmail accounts. During TA you can come down and grab the bag of pieces.

I will take a picture of your creation and post them to this blog.

Be creative.

Have fun.

Sign up below.

This begins as soon as someone signs up. Let the games begin.

Here are links to the first two creations

http://educationofcoffeechug.blogspot.com/2012/08/moving-to-middle-lego-challenge-1-eye.html

http://educationofcoffeechug.blogspot.com/2012/08/lego-challenge-design-2-eye-ffel-tower.html

No comments: