Sunday, August 26, 2012

New Phase In Training.....Marathon

After one week completely off of training, eating, sleeping, and basically any sort of regimen I am ready to get back on track. I feel so unhealthy. My sleep has gone downhill. I just feel gross in my own skin. To be fair, I have bee nothing but eating and drinking like a complete slob with junk food, pop, kool-aid, candy, etc.

I have four weeks until the QC Marathon. I am scheduled to run the full 26.2 miles. I am not mentally prepared to run this distance. However, I am going to give it a try.

I know that I am still in decent shape. So starting tomorrow I am going to shift back to training in the mornings.

I am going to shift my training to more run focused trying to build up my running miles and test out this body.


I am going to go for two weeks to see how I feel running and following the training plan for a marathon. I do hope to mix in a few bike rides and swimming.

If at the end of two weeks I am not digging the full marathon, then I will switch to the half. No need to make it feel like work.

As soon as the marathon is over I am going to begin weight training for next year. I want to build up my muscles to increase my endurance, stamina, and strength for the 70.3 Ironman distance and possibly a full Ironman next season. If you have any advice I would love to hear it. I am in need of a training plan to get me through the winter that will provide benefit to my endurance training.

Tomorrow it begins. I will weigh in and take off from there.

The GETTING IT DONE train is ready to pull out of the station. Let's just hope it reaches the destination.

No comments: