Friday, August 24, 2012

What Have I Been Doing All Week

I have decided to take break from training, healthy eating, and following a program this week.

I was loving this Monday and Tuesday. My legs were still quite sore Tuesday.

By Wednesday I started to feel gross and disgusting. I had the urge to get back into training.

Thursday I did get up early and run. I ran only 4 miles, but it felt good to get back out there and do something good for myself.


Today I was going to swim, but I just did not want to get up.

It is weird how taking a week off makes you realize how quickly things fall apart. It is just a swirl of chaos as I don't train so I eat this or that, feel bad about it, then decide to just keep eating like crap. As I continue this my motivation also goes to the wayside.

Of course I realize that taking one week off will not greatly impact my fitness. Yes, I will lose a bit, but this body and mind needed a break. I have been training hard since January.

This weekend I have to really make a decision about the QC Marathon that is about a month away. I feel that I need to get some good running sessions in to be ready, but I am not that far out of shape with my tri training.

This is where I have been. I have been focusing all of my energies on teaching and school along with family. It has been a big shift.

I look forward to getting back into some routine. Not sure that routine will be yet, but it will come to me. I have time to figure things out.

What do you do for training when you are not specifically training for a certain event or race?
Post a Comment