Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ironman Training Day 10 - Interval Session on Trainer

Preseason Week 2

Bike Workout: 60 Minute Interval Session


The workout today was an interval session.

It called for 8 x (2' @ Level 4/ 90-95%, 2' @ Level 2/70-75%, and 1' @ Level 1/60-65%)

This was tough. I did a 10 minute warmup to get the legs going at 4:50.

The first few sessions felt fine, but by the 4th session I found the 2 minute hard session to be challenging. Part of this is mentally toughening up a bit and pushing through. Part of it is that my bike fitness is pretty poor right now(as it should after the long break).

This was a good workout. I feel like I have a direction and purpose so it helps me keep track of where I am, where I am heading, and where I want to be.

My focus today was smooth transitions between levels and working on my high end fitness.

A great start to the day. It feels good to getting the bike done in the morning. I did not want to get up, but I will be happy with this decision tonight.

I am on day 3 of the AdvoCare 10 Day Cleanse. Feeling great and actually much better with less caffeine and less junk in the body. My cravings for my comfort foods are still there and that proves to be the toughest. I will write up a post about the cleanse soon so if you are interested in knowing more I can share everything that I know and the resources that I have.

Have a great Wednesday. Life is busy, but take time to step back and remember what is important. I lost focus on the important things in life yesterday and I need to remind myself of this very thing.

No comments: