Thursday, January 3, 2013

Out Season: Week 10 - Wednesday Double Workout Day

Yesterday I had to combine the bike workout from Tuesday with the run workout for Wednesday into one day due to giving my body time to rest and recover from New Years. We had 5 couples over and their children and it was a late night trying to get the kids to sleep and then them all waking up early.

Wednesday morning I jumped on the bike to get the Tuesday ride done.My legs were not feeling it, but I was able to get it done. I will be honest in that I have not been motivated to workout the last few weeks. I know the holidays don't help, but I also think that not having a routine of teaching and coaching hurts me. I need that routine knowing that I only have certain times to train. When I have all day sitting in front of me I keep putting it off until it is too late.

The workout from Tuesday was

MS: 3 x 12' (4') @ 95-100%/Zone4/Hard. Remainder of any time you have available (if any, not required) @ 80-85%/Zone3/Mod-Hard.


Rides - TrainerRoad http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/143563



I nailed all the splits and felt good. I recovered nicely.

My son was born on New Year's Eve so for his birthday he gets to pick a restaurant to eat at. He chose Olive Garden and man did I tear the place up. It was one of my final sloppy meals before getting serious and back to clean eating. After dinner and getting the kids to bed I had to head back downstairs to the pain cave to run on the dreadmill.

I had to knock out the following workout

MS: 3 x 200, 1 x 400, 3 x 200, all at @ IP/Z5/Very Hard with full recoveries between each.
Tip: Full recovery means as much as you need to be ready for the next. Some folks jog, others walk for 15 to 30 seconds before picking it back up...do what it takes to get the work done!

Zone pace is 6:39

Surprisingly I felt pretty good. The runs felt easy which caught me off guard as I have been slacking on getting all the run workouts in each week. I just don't enjoy running at all anymore. When I started the triathlons my run was my superior event. I hated biking and swimming. Now I am opposite. I love swimming and biking and dread running. Hopefully this will change because my run can put me over the top for my goals, but I just have to get back to enjoying it. So far, I hate it!

 

Afterwards I ate some Greek organic yogurt with granola, some AdvoCare Omega pills and Nighttime Recovery and hit the sack as I had to be up early for another bike workout.

No comments: