Sunday, January 27, 2013

Out Season: Week 13 - End is Near and All I Do Is Bike?

So things have.......what shall I say, "fallen off the bandwagon".

I have been focused on diet and training after being spotty in early January.

Last Saturday I had my Lego Robotics State Competition with my students. That day and some other family matters sent my focus in a whirlwind. Making excuses, yep! But it is called life and life is something we all deal with.

Saturday I fell off track eating and ate like a pig, like 12 cookies, chips, 8 sanwiches of Jimmy John's platter, and various other debris of unhealthiness.

It tasted so good! This pretty much ended my eating clean process of the AdvoCare 24 day challenge. I was doing so good up until this point. I was good with cravings out the window and a system in place. From that point on I could not get back on track. I ate good from that point on, but each night I fell apart eating chocolate, drinks, or Cinnamon Toast Crunch before bed.

Added to that my treadmill quit working and I hit a wall of fatigue.

Monday I did the weekend bike workout that I missed out on from being out of town.

MS: 2 x 18' (4') @ 95-100%/Zone4/Hard, 1 x 10' @ 95-100%/Zone4/Hard. Remainder of any time you have available (if any, not required) @ 80-85%/Zone3/Mod-Hard.


On Tuesday I was back on track

MS: 12' (4') @ 95-100%/Zone4/Hard, 18' (4') @ 95-100%/Zone4/Hard, 12' (4') @ 95-100%/Zone4/Hard.


Due to feeling extremely tired and worn out, a busted treadmill, and super busy schedule of life I did not get anything done Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. Saturday I got the bike workout out done, but did not have time to run

MS: 2 x 18' (4') @ 95-100%/Zone4/Hard, 1 x 12' @ 95-100%/Zone4/Hard. Remainder of any time you have available (if any, not required) @ 80-85%/Zone3/Mod-Hard.


Sunday I was to do an Indoor Triathlon, but snow, ice, and sleet kept me from traveling. Not the best of training this week. Life deals you cards and you have to deal and adapt. The good thing is that my races are not until the summer and fall. The bad news is that I test next week and I have not ran in 12 days. I will see where I am!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Solid work on the bike Aaron. I'd be thrilled with that! Sorry you missed your indoor tri.
Don't worry about the test next week. You'll do fine. Might not be a huge improvement, but we've gotten so much better (mentally and physically) over the NOS that you're still gonna be a monster!
Head up, chest out and knock it down brother!
I'm right there with you.