Tuesday, May 21, 2013

All this talk about giving students as many chances as it takes, yet it does not.......

work in the real world. I am sorry. Argue with me. Tell me I am wrong.

BUT, the way schools operate you cannot continue to give them chance after chance after chance. Yes, I know the real world gives us many chances. I agree. 100%

But we can only have so many chances. At what point is enough, enough?

I don't know that there is a magical number to the number of chances a person should get, but I think you lay out the final deadline ahead of time. Make it very clear this is it. Within that that window of time students and work and resubmit as often as they like. However, you don't budge on that deadline. You cannot make a statement and then not live up to it.

Overhearing a conversation between two students yesterday with no idea that I was listening because they are not in my class, but we were in the library.

This students said, "Yeah, I know right? He just lets us do the work as many times as we want. He does not care about us. He doesn't care."

Interesting perspective. I don't think this is true, but an interesting observation by a quality student.

What are your thoughts on give students as many chances as it takes?

No comments: