Thursday, September 26, 2013

Coffeechug is a Cybils Judge - Woo Hoo!! #coffeechugPLN

I am so excited to announce that I have been selected to be a Cybils judge this year! 

YIPPIE!!!!

I was lucky enough to be a judge a few years ago. Last year I was not selected, but now I get to be part of this amazing group of people once again. It really makes me happy. Happy, Happy, Happy.

This year I will be helping in the category of Book Apps. You can read about the rules and category on the main website

Book apps are stand-alone applications on a touchscreen device like the iPad that combine features of books, audiobooks, ebooks, animation and video creating a unique experience for readers of all ages.

Remember when you nominate an app there are a few rules to keep in mind.

1. Must be available in iTunes store.
2. Book apps must be published between October 16, 2012 and October 15, 2013.

There is a great website that will provide you the release of any app - http://appshopper.com

Here is the amazing group I am fortunate enough to work with for the judging.

Don't forget to nominate your favorite app along with all the other book categories. It is always hard to judge which ones to nominate.


Round 1

Aaron Maurer, Coffee for the Brain

Jill Goodman

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts

Jackie Parker, Interactive Reader

Mary Ann Scheuer, Great Kid Books

Round 2

Cathy Potter, The Nonfiction Detectives

Elisabeth LeBris, LeBrisary

Helen Dineen, CAppTivated Kids

Carisa Kluver, Digital Media Diet

Sarah Towle, Sarah Towle (author blog)


No comments: