Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Book Review: Die Empty: Unleash Your Best Work Every Day by Todd Henry

Buy the book from Amazon.com


Back in September I came across a book titled Accidental Creative which was a book by Todd Henry. I fell in love with this book and when I finished reading it I became a fan of Todd Henry. When I went to check out his website I noticed at the time that Die Empty was available for pre-order and I bought it right away.

If this book was half as good as Accidental Creative, then I knew it would be worth the money.

I was not left disappointed.

Todd Henry offers another dose of material that is very worthwhile. It is not a tough read, but offers so many great pieces of advice, ideas, and tools to use to really answer the essential question of

"Did the work I did today really matter?" 

This is what I believe is at the heart of this book. Ideas and techniques to make sure that that you answer yes to this question.

The one passage that stands out to me over the rest and is one I continue to reflect upon is that idea that if you were videotaped all day for a documentary to showcase your day how would you behave and act? What things would you cut out of your "regular" day? So, with this in mind why do we not live that way and spend time wasting moments?

I think I honestly highlighted more words than words not highlighted. There is just so many great pieces of advice and wisdom laid out. 

It does not matter your business, lifestyle, age, or goals in life. This materials applies to all of us and that is why this book is successful. You don't need a successful company, you don't need money, you don't need connections. What you need is a change in your mindset which we are all capable of doing. 

I have already begun to test out some small experiments to improve my productivity. The goal is to end each day answering yes to the question above and leaving nothing in my tank! I don't want to be mediocre. 

This is a must read to help get your mind right with not being too preachy. Toddy Henry has delivered again! This book is worth your time, your application of the ideas, and money to buy the book. 

One of the top 10 reads of the year so far!

No comments: