Friday, August 28, 2009

Saturday Morning Insights

Today is a day of many emotions. Well, I am still half asleep so maybe that is why I feel a little bit scattered this morning. My coffee has not quite removed the crust from my eyes. It is a sad day today. Why? I know I am not a man of much emotion besides being loud and boisterous, but today I learned that the Reading Rainbow television show has been cancelled after a 26 year run. I will admit that I have not seen an episode in quite some time, but that does not take away from how much I loved this show growing up. Later as an adult to hear the host, Levar Burton, be the voice of the audio book Watsons Go To Birmingham always brought back memories of the theme song.

"Butterfly in the sky, I can go twice as high
Take a look, it's in a book - Reading Rainbow.

I can go anywhere!
Friends to know and ways to grow - Reading Rainbow.

I can be anything!
Take a look, it's in a book - Reading Rainbow.

Reading Rainbow, Reading Rainbow, Reading Rainbow, Reading Rainbow!
"

Sorry, but how about a moment for a theme song that will surely be stuck in your head all weekend.





On a happier note, my son Aiden has his first soccer game this morning. I will be joining that major mass of people at Paul Norton who occupy the Crow Creek road and the school. I will be in there watching my son do who knows what. He is excited, but I question his knowledge of the game since neither of his parents know anything about the game. It should prove to be interesting.
I have rambled, but now it is time to drink more coffee and watch some SpongeBob and do some reading(surprise, surprise). I need to enjoy these moments as I am back in school to learn again at Drake.

As Adam Sandler states in Billy Madison, "Yahoo for school and yahoo for me!"

I'm out, take it easy and keep Reading Rainbow in your hearts this weekend.

No comments: