Sunday, September 13, 2009

Saturday Morning Insights

My allergies have hit me full blown. My head feels like it could explode any minutes. What a lovely feeling. I have been reading quite a bit lately. I have been on a roll trying to help some teachers with some book suggestions. I will begin to post them in spurts this week so I don't overwhelm the readers. I have come across a wide array of books and I love it when I am able to find one great book after another. I will tell you that I have begun reading an adult book that is beyond scary. I hate scary movies, but I love it when a book disturbs my cranium. All I will say is that I am only 24 pages into the book and I am beyond terrified. The book has the reader watch videos and that does not help the situation either.

I leave this short post with a quote from Pablo Picasso. This was used at the end of a children's book I was reading to my children tonight. This quote holds so much truth that I think it is very important that we try to keep our inner child.

"All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."

No comments: