Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Book Reviews

Among all the books in my massive TBR pile, I had a book come in to the public library that I have had on hold for some time. This book is not a novel, but is one of the most powerful books I have ever read. It is titled

I Can't Keep My Own Secrets: Six-Word Memoirs by Teens

This book is a collection of memoirs composed by teens(ages 13-19) who submitted their life story in six words. Sounds like a simple task, but reflect on your life. How would you write your six word memoir? Might be another great post for you readers to comment on..................

Anyways, some of these are so powerful that I just had to stop and think about what was being said. It was a great reminder about what is important to teenagers. It is very easy for us adults to lose sight of their perspective among all the details of life with our jobs, spouse/significant other, leisure, homework, children, family, bills, zits on our face, etc.

The creators of this book have a website called www.smithteens.com if you would like more information. Additionally, there are other books in the series from famous people to regular Joe. A great addition to any book collection and a perfect book for when you need a reminder about life. READ THIS NOW!

No comments: