Saturday, April 24, 2010

Metaphor of You

I am stealing this question from the Amanda Project website. The Amanda Project is a novel that I reviewed a while back about the mysterious disappearance of a girl. The site is a continuation of sorts of the book with all these discussions, challenges, contests, etc. for the readers to participate in. Check it out if you have never visited the site and be sure to check out the book.

Anyways, here is the question that I pose for you this morning. Please share your thoughts in the comments. This one is a very cool question and one that really forces you to take a look at yourself which at times can be scary.

Do you have any important objects in your life – clothing, books, tiny treasures – that are metaphors for who you are? Symbols of yourself?

1 comment:

Miss Haley said...

one object that is special to me is my first pair of pointe shoes. they're old and tattered and ruined, but beautiful because of my accomplishments, and all the things I did in them, and how long I wanted them, and how much work it took to get them.