After finishing up my run, I jumped in my car and headed to the Y for a shoulder and arm workout. I will admit that I am still sore from lifting on Wednesday. I really liked this workout today. We only did one circuit today, but plan on adding another round next week. Here is what we did. This workout will give you a nice pump.
1. Alternate Should Press - 50 seconds
2. In and Out Bicep Curl - 16 reps
3. Two Arm Tricep Kickback - 35 seconds
4. Deep Swimmer Press - 1 minute
5. Concentration Curl - 1 minute
6. Chair Dip - 45 seconds
7. Upright Row - 45 seconds
8. Static Arm Curl - 16 reps
9. Flip Grip Twist - 45 seconds
10. Crouch Cohen Curls - 1 minute
11. Lying Tricep Extensions - 45 seconds
These lifts are adapted from the P90X program. We just eliminated some items and rested as needed. We did not follow the dvd as prescribed, but just took some of the lifts and modified to create our own circuits. I used anywhere between 25-35 lbs dumbbells for the lifts.
I will be back in Elkhart this weekend visiting my parents with my kids. We will be spending all day bug hunting and looking for animals. Should be fun! Will post again on Sunday after my 5 mile run.