Thursday, September 23, 2010

The 2010 Science Fiction and Fantasy Panel - I AM A CYBIL JUDGE!!!!

I have been chosen to help judge this years 2010 Cybil Awards for Science Fiction and Fantasy books. I am so excited to be part of this panel of awesome people. I will be honest and tell you that is was very hard for me to not tell my readers earlier as I was asked to wait until it was posted on teh Cybil Website. This morning my name appeared. I have posted the announcement below, but you can click on the link below to see all the categories and learn more about this awesome event. All I can tell you at this point in time is that I am going to be extremely busy as I have to read 2-3 books a week, provide reviews and feedback, and chat with the other judges to narrow down the books for the Round 2 panel of judges. Start brewing the coffee and let the fun begin. I am so jacked!!!!!!!

You can help out. How?
Book nominations will run from October 1 - October 15.

You can nominate one book in each genre. Books should be published from October 16, 2009 to September 30, 2010.
Head on over the website for more details

The 2010 Science Fiction and Fantasy Panel
If you don't have any idea how many amazing sci-fi and fantasy books are published each year for children and young adults, let the number of people on our SFF panels give you a clue. It's a LOT. An abundance of riches. That's why we've got two separate sets of judges for elementary/middle grade and young adult books. Our enthusiastic bloggers will soon be on the job selecting the best of the fantastical best.

Panel Organizer: Sheila Ruth, Wands and Worlds

Panelists (Round I Judges), MG/Elementary:

Anamaria Anderson, Books Together
Gwenda Bond, Shaken & Stirred
Cindy Hannikman, Fantasy Book Critic
Aaron Maurer, Coffee for the Brain
Nicole Signoretta, Booked Up
Charlotte Taylor, Charlotte's Library
Karen Yingling, Ms. Yingling Reads

Panelists (Round I Judges), Teen/YA:

Steve Berman, Guys Lit Wire
Tanita Davis, Finding Wonderland
Leila Roy, Bookshelves of Doom
Sheila Ruth (see panel organizer)
Angie Thompson, Angieville
Hallie Tibbetts, Undusty New Books
Heather Zundel, Secret Adventures of WriterGirl

Round II Judges:

Elementary/Middle

Melissa Baldwin, One Librarian's Book Reviews
Kate Coombs, Book Aunt
Emily Mitchell, emilyreads
Nancy Tsai, Kidsmomo
Tanya Zavestoski Turek, Books 4 Your Kids

Teen/YA

Emma Carbone, Miss Print
Anne Levy, Cybils
Sam Musher, Parenthetical
Sarah Stevenson, Finding Wonderland
Steph Su, Steph Su Reads

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tthat is just awesome! Congrats:)

Charlotte said...

Greetings! I sure looking forward to the coming months of mg sff fun!

Anonymous said...

Tthat is just awesome! Congrats:)

Charlotte said...

Greetings! I sure looking forward to the coming months of mg sff fun!