Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chicago Urbanathlon Training - Week 1 - Thurday

Today is to be a rest day. I overslept as I did not set my alarm, but still managed to get to the Y by 5:20. I worked out arms this morning doing 3 sets of 8-10 on the following excercises. Legs feeling back to normal and a 5 mile run calling my name tomorrow morning.

1. Close Grip Bench @ 145 lbs
2. Skull Crushers @ 35 lbs on each side of EZ Bar
3. Preacher Curl @ 35 lbs each side of EZ Bar
4. Hammer Curls @ 35 lb dumbbells superset with
5. Overhead Tri Extension using 65 lb dumbbell

Nice and easy, but made me feel like I did something. Rest is just as important in training as the actual workouts. Sometimes that is the hardest part because your brain tells you to get out there and do something. I struggle with this the most, but I have learned that the body needs time to repair and strengthen itself or it will never improve. No improvements mean training that does not achieve the desired goals.

In the meantime, here is a RECIPE: Spaghetti allo Scoglio


A classic seafood pasta dish loaded with lots of shellfish high in both protein and omega-3s.
 
Do you have another healthy recipe that is good? Go ahead and share. In the meantime, I am back to getting ready for a book review.....

No comments: