I went through the list the last couple days and here are my top 20 books that I read this year. You can see my previous post that has all the books read, but here are my favorites.
These are not in ranked order
- Matched by Ally Condie
- Reckless by Cornelia Funke
- Dead Boys by Royce Buckingham
- Magnificent 12: The Call by Michael Grant
- Clone Codes by The McKissacks
- Rise of Darkling by Paul Crilley
- Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Ghost in the Machine by Patrick Carman
- Still Missing by Chevy Stevens(not YA)
- Fever Crumb by Philip Reeve
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green
- Twenty Dollar Bill by Elmore Hammes
- Merger by Jacquely Wheeler
- Vinyl Princess by Yvonne Prinz
- Framed by Malcome Rose
- Eating Animals by Jonathon Foer
- Notes Left Behind by Brooke Desserich
- Salt by Maurice Gee
- Lockdown by Alexander Smith
If I had time I would go through and explain why each was chosen, but I don't have time. This is the busiest winter break I have ever had. Read them or check them out on Amazon to see if they appeal to you.
Have you read any of these? Did you like them? I had one book suggestion from my previous post asking what you read that I have missed. Leave me some titles of books that I should read. I just put 20 some books on hold yesterday as I went through my massive pile of post it notes with scribbles of websites, book titles and other things. I am winter cleaning so I reserved the books and eliminated the piles.
What is your list of top reads? Leave a link if you have them posted on a blog or leave them in the comments. We only have a few days left to share our 2010 lists before the year is over.