Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Training - Back to Basics

Today I jumped in the pool do swim some laps. I have not swam in over a week after the Y pool closed down when the motor died. I did at least 40 laps maybe a few more because I lost track at some point. It feels good to slowly get refocused. I had a breakdown when I came home as I consumed another piece of that darn triple layer chocolate cake.  I pretty much swam for 5 minutes of pleasure.

I will have that cake out this house tonight which I am not sure if that is something to be proud of since I think I am the only one eating it.

I jumped on the scale and surprise I am not where I want to be.

I am a good feeling about my training. As my motivation continues to pick up I know everything will be realigned and in good shape after the holidays. No need to stress when I know I will indulge in a mass amount of Christmas cookies and food. It is what it is people.

Now, if I continue to indulge after the 25th, then I have reason to worry. I have confidence in my ability to get back on track.

For now I just need to continue to slowly work my way back into shape in the cardio department. Another mile run tomorrow to test the foot.

Keep on truckin'

No comments: