Friday, June 10, 2011

Training - Week 3 - Friday 4 Mile EZ Run & IT FELT EASY!!

I had to switch days in my first week of marathon training this week. I was supposed to run 4 miles yesterday, but after storms all morning and teaching Lego Robotics in afternoon I did not run. My legs felt like crap anyways so maybe it was a good move.

I ran today despite being up since 4:00 with Ava. I forced myself out the house to run and once I began I actually felt wonderful despite my body feeling like poop still.

I was supposed to run 4 miles easy. I made sure to run easy because I have a 10 mile run tomorrow and I have not ran double digits in about 2 months. I am actually nervous, but I need to get over the mental wall.

I ran 4.53 miles in 36:04 for a pace of 7:58. I felt really good. This run felt easy the entire time and when I finished I was not tired or worn out. The day of rest was a good move and this is also a sign that what I am doing must be working. I have trying to eat healthy and really just listen to my body while running.

I hope I feel this good tomorrow morning when I run.

I tried something new today. Instead of going without music and instead of listening to music I decided to try a podcast. I have experimented with many podcasts and actually listen to a few while in my basement on my Mac, but never while running.

This morning I listened to an episode of NPR: Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me. It was awesome. It really helped me lose track of time and just run. I saw this recommendation is the July issue of Triathlete magazine that I subscribe to(this is May issue to the left and not the one I am referring to.).

The magazine has some wonderful tips and training(I would like to do a triathlon at some point in time) and one of the pages listed five podcasts to listen to.

NPR: Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me will have you laughing while staying current with news events from around the world. I just downloaded all the old podcasts to listen to in my future running.


What do you listen to? I am always up to trying new things.

Last, I knocked out the third day of week 1 in the 100 Push-Up Challenge I am working on.

Set 1: 14
Set 2: 16
Set 3: 12
Set 4: 12
Set 5: 16+ (I fought for 20)

Off for a long run tomorrow. Until next time........

No comments: