Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Training - Week 5 - Week 3 of Marathon Training - Tuesday 5 Mile EZ...A Good Nice Run!

Woke up this morning to a great morning. It was warm, but not too hot. The rain cleared out last night and so this morning was a great time to run.

I jumped on my bike to the Y for a warm up as my legs and body were tired and a tad bit sore from the workout last night. Two miles is such a perfect distance for warming up and cooling down.

Ran with You-Dee this morning and it was a nice change to be able to run and hold a conversation. It was a nice break from my headphones. We ran at a good easy pace as I did not want to push too much as I pushed pretty hard yesterday and big guy is still trying to get his hip back in shape to run.

We ran the 5 miles in 40 minutes for an 8:05 pace.

Did some cool down stretching and rode my bike on back home. This last sentence reminded of a Jimmy Buffett song:

Blew out my flip flop
Stepped on a pop top
Cut my heel, had to cruise on back home


Totals for this morning
2 Mile Bike Ride - 8:46
5 Mile Run - 40:28
2 Mile Bike Ride - 8:04

A great morning. Off to make a healthy blueberry breakfast pie thing with the kids and enjoy the rest of the day.

Are you reaching your goals? What did you do this morning to ensure a great day?
GET IT DONE!

No comments: