Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Training - Week 12 - Week 10 of Marathon Training - Tuesday - 4 Miles and Weights

I woke up early this morning because I had an online meeting with some teachers from around the world for a Flat Classroom meeting at 7:00 am. I woke up around 4:45 to eat something light(chocolate chip waffle) before I went out running. Being that I just went running 10 hours prior my legs were a little tired and and not quite ready to go. I was scheduled to run 3 miles today, but I ended up running a little over 4 miles, but I don't think it hurt me any.

I ran 2.1 miles to the Y to get some lifting in. This is something I have avoided in my training as I did not want to do overdo it. I have been using TRX, but weights are something I need to incorporate some more. This morning I did some light weight, high rep lifting of my upper body. After going through about 8 lifts I ran my 2.1 miles back home.

All in all I ran 4.23 miles in 34:58 which is a nice easy pace of 8:16. I knocked out some weights and now I am ready to go for the rest of my day. GETTING IT DONE baby! What are you doing to get yourself ready for your goals?

No comments: