Monday, August 15, 2011

Training - Week 13 - Week 11 of Marathon Training - Monday Morning Run and Lift

I will not be long winded on this training post like the others as I simply don't have time. Today is the first day of school for our whole family and the chaos and heartbreak of summer ending will all unravel in about 20 minutes.

I got up this morning for my 4 mile run. My legs were very tired. The last three days of training are catching up to me. I took it very nice and easy to work out the soreness. I ran 2.2 miles at 9:03 and 8:19 pace on my way to the Y.

At the Y lifted some weights for my chest, arms, and back. Finished up with some quick abs, but realized I needed to get going to get home on time.

Finished up the run with 2.3 miles running 8:09 and 7:50 mile times. Nothing spectacular, but just enough to help the fatigue in my legs. The 4.5 miles was completed in 37:23 for 8:18 pace. I completed the run and lifts in just over an hour. Amazing what you can squeeze into 60 minutes if you remain focused.

A big day today. Hopefully my legs will feel better tomorrow for my 7 mile run. Rest day is not until Thursday so I need to suck it up.

Have a great Monday.

No comments: