Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Training - Week 16 - Week 14 of Marathon - 5 Miles of Blah

I feel like crap. I have my allergies flaring up and I have a cold. I woke up this morning realizing I fell asleep after my alarm went off so I had to hustle to get out the door. I ran 5 miles and my goal the next two weeks is to get my body and mind used to running at my marathon pace. This morning I wanted to run around 9:00, but I just could not get my body to run that slow. Despite how terrible I felt I ran around 8:47 pace. Maybe this is the pace that I am capable of running at? I don't know, but it felt super slow.

My legs were pretty sore from the 13 mile run on Sunday. I could not shake out the fatigue in this run and battling a cold the last couple days is probably not helping the body recover. My foot was not feeling the greatest either, but in the end I was able to work through it all, clear my head, and get the run done.

12 days until showtime.

Don't forget to send me your audio messages

Happy Tuesday

No comments: