Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Triathlon Training: Week 1 - 45 Minute Bike Ride

My bike trainer has not arrived yet so I went to the Y this morning to get my biking in. I jumped on one of the old training bikes they use for spin class and set off for my 45 minute ride. I was to ride at a moderate intensity (6-7 level on a scale of 10). As I rode I continued to increase the difficulty in pedaling.

I really have no idea how far I biked today. I did not have anything to gauge distance. If I base it on the two times I rode my bike for 25 miles about a month ago where I averaged 3:56 mile pace overall between the 50 miles and apply it to the bike workout today I think that could work. I will round up to a flat 4 minute mile pace and that places me at about 11 miles on the bike. Once again, this is just a guess and I have nothing to verify the accuracy of this.

I will state that my legs feel like jelly. I can tell that I am not a bike rider......yet. My legs will adapt like they did with running, but it will take some time.

My trainer is supposed to arrive tomorrow so when I ride again this weekend I will hopefully be on my trainer.

So far the training is going well. I know it has only been three days, but a good start is the key to a successful campaign.

Plan for tomorrow is to run and lift.

Have a great Wednesday! Continue GETTING IT DONE!

No comments: