Saturday, December 10, 2011

Triathlon Training: Week 2 - Saturday Bike Ride

I woke up at 4:30 ready to ride my bike this morning. My sensor did not come in yesterday and is slated to arrive today. I was prepared to ride without any data collection and just ride. I talked with Jeff P. about riding this morning and when he sent me a text early Saturday morning we made our way to BMS for a ride. Last night before bed I was hit with a wave of nausea. My mouth was producing that wonderful saliva that fills a mouth before a nice barf. I had to lay down. I felt horrible. My stomach felt like a timebomb went off. I was able to fall asleep with no barf.

I woke up this morning and my stomach is still living on edge. As I started riding the feeling went away. I felt pretty good for about 40 minutes. The last 15-20 minutes my stomach started to get on edge again. It felt good to ride. It felt good to sweat and get in my bike workout. I have no idea how many miles, cadence, or speed. We rode for about 60 minutes. I will play it safe and say I rode @ a 4:00 min/mile pace which would put me at 15 miles. My sensor arrived yesterday so I will be able to gauge this much better Sunday morning.

No comments: