Saturday, March 3, 2012

Live Uncommon Revolution: First Charity Race of the Year

Coming up very soon on St. Patrick's Day is the CASI - Center for Active Seniors 5K on March 17 in Davenport, Iowa.



You can sign up for the race at their website

You can join the REVOLUTION and have the race be part of your training

More importantly you can donate to this great organization to help them out.

This is the first of seven races aligned with the Live Uncommon REVOLUTION. My goal is to help raise money that will go to charities aligned with each of the races. I would like to be able to help out CASI so if you are not participating in the race and would like to donate whatever you can to the cause and to also help me reach my goal I would think that you were super AWESOME!

If you would like to donate to  help CASI and to also help me reach my goal please go to the hyperlink above or here.

As each race draws near I will continue to highlight the charities and update my status in my fundraising. I am realizing that the fundraising is as hard as the training. Actually, getting up at 4:30 am to run 18 miles is easier than raising funds for the various charities. I am working hard on my training and my goals and would love any help you can provide to help me achieve my goal of $700.

Remember the Live Uncommon mantra: I AM

Be the REVOLUTION and help out others and also yourself.

Thanks

Here is some info about CASI from their website(Read more about CASI here)

The Center for Active Seniors, Inc. (CASI) is a 40,000 square foot state-of-the-art center located on Kimberly Road in Davenport, Iowa. Dedicated to serving seniors in the greater Quad Cities area, CASI boasts daily activities, classes, community forums, a fitness center and educational activities.

CASI has a professional staff dedicated to the advocacy of seniors and all issues facing our aging population.

Additionally, CASI operates the only adult day care facility in Eastern Iowa, serving seniors with early onset dementia, seniors with specific physical needs and seniors who enjoy a daily routine filled with physical and mental activities and social interaction. Jane’s Place also provides caregivers with much needed respite and allows caregivers to continue to work.

CASI’s Vision
CASI will be recognized by the community to be the premier resource center for persons over the age of sixty.

CASI’s Mission
To provide services that meet the needs of older adults, and fosters respect, dignity and quality of life.

CASI is proud to have area agencies located within our facility:


GENESIS MEDICAL CLINIC
On-site nurse for blood pressure checks, foot clinics, reflexology and a variety of other care services. Some services require an appointment, please call 563.386.7477 for more information.

MISSISSIPPI VALLEY REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
MVRBC supplies blood products to our community hospitals from their clinic located at CASI.  Scheduled and walk-in donors are welcomed.  Call 800-747-5401 for hours and more information.

No comments: