Saturday, May 19, 2012

57 Days - Day Before My First Triathlon

I have my tri bag packed.

I have my overnight bag packed(about two things)

I have a sleeping bag packed since four of us are cramming in a Super 8 hotel room.

I have my wetsuit patched up and bike in my car.

I am ready.....at least I think I am. I have visualized this race a million times. A million times of success. I don't feel nervous. I feel ready. The only thing I am nervous about is running around in public in my little tri outfit. It sure shows a lot of leg!

I am ready to get there, register, and take a quick swim and perhaps a short run. Something to get ready for the course. Follow it up with a good meal and good times with good people.

Tomorrow morning will be here quickly.

On the flipside you have reality. My daughter Ava who has been sick for about 2 weeks now has now contacted Hand, Foot, and Mouth virus. She has spots all over her body. Those don't seem to bother her. She is contagious until the spots quit appearing. So the plans Amanda had to be with her family tonight while I was gone are done for. I just pray Ava does not get the sores in her mouth and give Amanda a long night with screams of pain. I really pray that things go okay here.

Thoughts and prayers to Josiah who is racing this weekend with us as well as his grandfather passed away early today. A great reminder to appreciate the time we have here on earth because you never know when your time is up.

Enjoy the weather. Enjoy your family and friends.

I look forward to sharing my experience with my first triathlon tomorrow when I get home.

I am ready for this taper to end and the race to begin!!!

Hard to believe I began this journey of triathlons 174 days ago when I could barely run 6 miles at a 9:00 mile pace. I look forward to seeing how my training has paid off....I sure hope it has.



My dad sent me this pic today. I told him I hope I look this good while on the bike. Old Boris is not as sweet looking as this bike.

No comments: