Wednesday, July 4, 2012

11 Days Remaining - 4th of July Trainer Ride

I did not wake up until 8 am this morning. This is by far the latest I have slept in ages. I woke up briefly at 4, told myself to lay there 10 more minutes and BOOM! it was 8 am. We had a bunch of people over last night to hang out, eat, play bags, sparklers, etc. It was a last minute get together and it was weird that so many people were looking for something to do.

I had planned on waking up at 4 to ride 70+ miles. When I did not wake until 8 am I knew I had to change gears a bit. I was not going to ride 70 miles in this heat. I am not digging this heat so I opted to ride the trainer when Ava took a nap.

At first I was in my office, but TV was terrible so I switched to my computer and watched Netflix. I watched Thor and it was a good movie to ride to.

My goal was 44 miles. I reached 44 miles and had a bit left in the movie so I opted to keep riding. The movie ended and I decided to ride until the 2 hour mark. I reached 2 hours and then decided to go a bit further to get to a whole number of miles which was 48. Had Amanda been home I think I would have continued on and rode my 70+ miles, but I had to stop to get Ava.

These few extra miles were to burn off the burgers, brats, chips, and drinks I ate last night. The downside is that we have leftovers so after the ride I ate all that junk again. Odds are pretty good I will eat the same for dinner. Oh well, no reason to beat myself up about it. It is the 4th and time to enjoy food with friends and family.



Congrats to all who ran the Firecracker Run this morning in the heat. Way to get up early and get in a good race before the rest of the world woke up.

Back to running tomorrow morning at 5 am. I am hoping my body responds better to this run. Things are going well in my swim and bike, but the run I always feel like a turd afterwards.

Happy 4th to everyone!

Looking at the heat for the rest of the week looks like I will be on the trainer more. I should ride outside to get used to riding in the heat, but I just don't have any interest in riding in 100 degree heat. Call me soft/weak, but I will just ride the trainer and hope for cooler temps in 11 days.

1 comment:

Jeff Paul said...

Trainer is good. Riding in the heat you will sweat out so much that it will be hard to keep up even if you think you are drinking a ton...I paid for this yesterday. Being dehydrated makes it extremely tough to recover like you normally would. I'll be on the trainer as well and hope we aren't racing in 100 degree heat in 11 days...then again we could be.