Saturday, August 18, 2012

Beet Juice Recipe is HORRIBLE and leads to allergic reaction

The other night I attempted a new recipe for a health drink. I meant to mention this earlier, but I just have not had time. This is one of the many recipes I have been trying lately to be healthy.

This will also be the last time I make this drink.

I started with the ingredients


IMG_3498

A weird combination I know, but I tried to be positive. I had one apple, carrots, and 4 beets(first time eating/drinking a beet). I was not sure about this, but you have to try new things because you never know how good it could be.

I juuiced it all and it turned out looking great.

In the end it looks delicious, right?



IMG_3499

So I was ready to try. I was scared and had my daughter try it first.


IMG_3500
She did not dig it. I gave it a try. Despite the awesome color this drink tasted like pure dirt. It was basically dirt with food coloring. I don't know if I did something wrong, but I don't know how anyone could ever drink this concoction.

I made myself continue drinking it because I did not want it to go to waste. However, about halfway through my breathing locked up. I could not breathe. I do have asthma so it felt like a bad asthma attack. The problem was that my inhaler did not work. It sucked bad!

So, two new recipes this week. One was AMAZING(will share after my race when I test it on the bike) and this one which should be punishment for children who misbehave.

Stay away from beet juice. BARF!

No comments: