Thursday, October 4, 2012

Book Review: Thrive: The Vegan Nutrition Guide to Optimal Performance in Sports and Life



Thrive: The Vegan Nutrition Guide to Optimal Performance in Sports and Life

I read this book way back in the summer. I used this book all summer while training for Ironman Racine. I found the information to be quite helpful and really exposed me to some new foods and powders to enhance my health.

To be honest I am a meat and potatoes guy. Nothing is better than a big juicy burger or steak. This book is obviously not supporting meat consumption. With that being said, I found the information and food choice to be good.

I could not eat it all. He has a recipe book that has great dishes and snacks.

This book is more about the program to eating healthy. It discusses how stress affects the body. It discusses how to keep things in balance which is the most important aspect of this book. I found the program easy to follow. 

It did take me a bit to get used some of the foods. The system goes against supplements which goes against the grain of many ideas out there. It is all about eating healthy and taking care of your body the natural way.

I often reference this book at least once a week. I use it as more of a reminder about how to eat and train my mind and body.

This is well worth the read. I ended up buying all his books. I am not vegan, but have been able to apply many principles of his books to my lifestyle and eating. It has provided a much healthier way of living.

No comments: