Monday, October 1, 2012

Ironman Training Day 1: Hard to Swim With No Goggles

Preseason
Week 1
Day 1: Swim

So I took time this weekend to analyze the preseason workout that will help me establish some numbers to use as goal setting and planning. I went through and shifted certain days around to make it work better for me. I went through and studies various videos about technique work for swimming and the drills I would be incorporating.

I was prepared.

Or so I thought.

I took my Advocare Catalyst and Rehydrate before leaving for the Y. I double checked for my Y card and my towel and my workout card I wrote up.

I was ready.

Or so I thought.

I pull up to the Y and grab my things and then at that moment I realized I had no goggles. I overlooked the most essential swimming piece of equipment.

I had to figure out what to do as I had on some slip on shoes. I was not going to go home and return. I was not going to go home and run and no way am I ready to jump on the bike.

Instead I made the most of the situation. Friday was to be my rest day or a day to lift. I decided to lift today and use Friday as one of my swim days instead.

I hit up some weights for chest, shoulders, arms, lats, and core. I was in and out in about 25 minutes. No messing around.

My first day did not go quite as planned. This was just a small test. One test of about a thousand that will come my way.

I will be trying again tomorrow morning for the run. I won't forget my shoes!

One a side note I did weigh myself in. Surprisingly I have lost a few pounds since a week or so ago. I have put on some weight. I then went back and checked the records and one month ago I was weighing the same. One year ago I was 8 lbs less. Crazy to think that a year ago I was weighing less than my triathlon training days. This just goes to show that my eating habits have not improved which is the main focus to my return.

I locked in the weight on my data sheet. I snapped a few pictures of my body(gross) and will forward to the progress. I did this with my triathlon training. It was amazing to compare pictures because I don't notice things as I live in the body, but to view images each month you can see the progress.

Tomorrow I have a nice slow easy level 2 run for 40 minutes. If anyone is up for a run let me know otherwise I will be running solo with my iPod.

No comments: