Monday, January 7, 2013

Out Season: Week 11 - Rest Day Turns Into Run Workout Makeup

I know that today is a rest day. I know that rest days are vital to training. I know that we are not to make up workouts.....

BUT

For my own sake of mind I had to get a run in today. I felt like crap after the bike Sunday and knew that I had done perhaps too much too soon. So I did not run. I have been slacking in the run department lately. This frustrates me as this was my key event at one point in time. I have come to loathe running, but need to get my passion for it back.

This morning I started my AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge. I did my weigh in and all the goodies that come with trying to knock off this excessive weight. I felt good. I felt really good after a good night sleep. So I ran. I had to do it. I had to bring peace of mind back to my brain.

I went for the Sunday run workout. I did not go 60 minutes, but did enough to get the intervals done.

MS: 2 x 1/2 mile (3'), 1 x 1 mile (3'), 2 x 1/2 mile (3') all @ TP/Z4/Hard. Remainder of run is how you feel, but try to accumulate more HMP/Z3/Mod-Hard time.

Creating a 75 to 90 minute run from this run, where personal and physical bandwidth allows, is recommended. Simply settle into a pace between LRP/Zone 1/Easy and MP/Zone 2/Steady.


I hit my strides. I felt good running and was so happy I did. I need to start to get back to doing all the run workouts and then get back to building up some endurance. I know it is only January, but I know how my mind operates. I cannot afford to slack or it all goes away quickly.

Here is to not listening to my coach and others and running. I don't think it was too much, but just enough to get me back to where I belong mentally.

No comments: