Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ironman Training Slump: What is going on?

I am currently in week 3 of a 6 week bike focused block of training. This comes after my 14 week out season where I made huge strides in the bike and run. However, I have fallen apart big time the last three weeks only working out a few times, battling an injury, and having zero desire to train and workout.

What is going on?

I honestly don't know. I have a lot on my plate, but so does everyone else. I have been incredibly tired lately. Actually, fatigued is more like. I feel exhausted all the time feeling tired down to my bones. Amanda suggested seeing a doctor. That might be in the cards if I don't shake this soon. Not sure what is going on, but it needs to change.

It will change. We have our ups and downs. I have plans for a big season this year, but right now I am struggling just to find energy to make it through the day.

So, that is where I am. It is where I have been and the reason my training updates have not been around.

Time to find myself and resolve some issues and hopefully get back on track.

No comments: