Monday, December 13, 2010

Things I learned from my massive pile of magazines - Part 2

Continuing to shuffle through my magazines I will continue with my post from the December issue of Outside magazine.

I read an interview of Conrad Anker (check out his blog). He is a mountain climber and does a variety of other things. What caught my eye was an image of him climbing up what appears to be a frozen waterfall. This article made me remind myself that I can accomplish anything(marathon?) and to not be afraid to take risks. Check his blog above you can see some crazy pictures that make you realize that sometimes we live life too "safely" and need to push ourselves pass what we believe our limits really are.

The other article that grabbed my interest was about training. We need to have both hard training days and recovery days. The recovery days really need to be easy and this emphasis is important to me. I plan on pushing my body to a much better racing time this year and in order for that to happen I need to train harder and more efficiently on my hard training days, but really stick to the plan and have those recovery runs where this year I pushed harder on those days than what I should have. Great article.

Outside is a great magazine and definitely more worthy of my money than Maxim.

Part 3 will be posted tomorrow and will provide you with my insights from Men's Health magazine December issue. Stay tuned...

No comments: