Monday, June 13, 2011

Training - Week 4 - Week 2 of Marathon Training - Change of Plans - 4 miles

Whew! What a great way to start the week. I had intended to not run as Mondays are usually  my days of rest. However, while going through the morning routine of feeding Ava and drinking a few cups of coffee I realized that this week would have to change in format.

As mentioned yesterday my wife is going to the New Kids On The Block concert Saturday night in Chicago. She and 7 other girls are leaving Friday to shop and have fun for the weekend.

What does that mean for me? Well, I will try and survive entertaining a 6,4, and 5 week year old. We will have fun no doubt. But, in terms of training I am not able to take off for any running. I typically do my long runs on Saturday.

So, here is my plan for the week. I will get my 5 days of running in right in a row. I will move my long run to Thursday and recovery run to Friday. This will give me two days of rest on Saturday and Sunday which my body will need. By Friday that will be 8 straight days of running. This might be pushing it, but it is the plan I have chosen to follow. I will listen to my body and back off as needed. No need to do more than the body can handle so early in training.

Moving on today I had a great workout this morning.

While waiting for Amanda to wake up I took the kids out for a nice 30 minute walk. It felt good to get out early and just enjoy the beautiful weather we are having. The kids had a great time riding their bikes farther than our driveway.

I started the day off with the TRX Condition to Win workout which is a 30 minute core workout. Honestly, this might have been one of the hardest things I have done in quite some time. It was obvious about ten minutes in that my core needs some help and that my left leg/side of body is so much weaker than my right. If I can balance that out I will be excited to see how that helps me out.

After finishing that up I sat and hung out with Ava and Amanda before going out for a 4 mile easy run. I ran 30:47 for a 7:40 pace. I felt really good. I have ran again in my Kinvara 2 shoes. I am really enjoying these shoes more and more on these short runs.

Lastly, after I got home I quickly set up Ava in her chair and knocked out my 100 Push-Up Training Challenge.
Set 1:12
Set 2: 15
Set 3: 12
Set 4: 12
Set 5: 16+(I was cashed at 20)

I am ready for the rest of the day.

Don't lose sight of your goals and keep pushing to achieve them.

Never forget that butterflies = air nachos

I need to design a logo for my new little phrase. I want to create a running shirt with this phrase. If you are an artist please send me some artwork of "Butterflies = air nachos" and I will put it on a shirt and run with it in my next race.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: