Sunday, March 18, 2012

119 Days Until 70.3 Racine - A Week in Jamaica And I Feel Very Far Behind

Late last night we finally made it back home to Iowa after spending a week in Negril, Jamaica. I had a fantastic time of sitting by the ocean, swimming, eating, drinking fruity drinks, and staying up late. It was a well deserved break from the busy lives we lead. It felt awesome to wake up, drink coffee by the ocean until 10:00 am and just not worry about a thing.

I will be working on a series of posts about Jamaica throughout the week, but just wanted to get back in the groove of posting to the blog and getting caught up online. I only accessed internet once while there and it was amazing how much time that frees up.

This post is short and just really a check in to let everyone know that I am back and ready to get back to my regular posting and training schedule. I have returned ready to train, but also dealing with another foot injury. I am struggling like crazy just to walk normal. I hope it is something minor that will go away once I get back to walking with shoes again, but I was in some pain.

I think my fitness levels have dropped quite a bit since last weekend, but I am trying not to worry. I am going to head out for a bike ride outside to get used to some biking and to practice riding outdoors.

I am not quite back in normal yet and maybe that is a good thing. I will work on keeping the Jamaican vibe of taking things with a positive outlook.

Until my next post, I hope you enjoy the rest of this wonderful weather. It sounds like it was amazing weather with people doing some amazing things with their training and the St. Patrick's Day 5K race.

I look forward to catching up with everyone.

No comments: