Friday, May 25, 2012

53 Days Remaining - Late Wednesday Night Bike Ride

I finally got my Garmin Watch and Trainer Center Software working again. I was in a little bit of a panic as I thought I lost all my data. So, I wanted to post my run splits from the Bluff Creek Triathlon last Sunday just so I have the data in case something happens in the future. Also, this is a great reminder to myself that I can exceed expectations and my training is paying off. I am still in disbelief that I was able to run sub 7:00 mile splits during the run of the race. I needed to post this to remind myself as I have been struggling in my training this week.


On Wednesday night after a long day of teaching, retirement party, and cranky/tired kids I mustered up some energy somewhere to ride. This was my first on the bike since the race. To be honest I was not that excited to jump on the bike again. I hooked up my bike in front of my computer, turned on Netflix and rode. I had a workout to do, but with how tired I have felt this week I decided to just ride at a comfortable pace for the 28 miles to get my legs back. I felt really good during the ride. Legs felt great once they warmed up. I just struggled mentally to stay on the bike. I watched "No Strings Attached" and it did an okay job holding my interest. I don't know how it ends, but will wrap it up when I ride again.


I finished up on the bike around 10 pm Wednesday and went to bed to get some sleep before waking up early for the 6B46 run. A good day of training with swimming early in the morning and a late bike ride.

No comments: