Wednesday, June 6, 2012

39 Days Remaining - Overslept, Red Winged Duck, and......

This morning I overslept. By oversleeping I mean I woke up at 5:50. I was mad because I wanted to get in a short swim workout in this morning at 5 am. I took it as a sign that my body needed some sleep. I just laid in bed for another 15 minutes feeling grateful to be off my feet and letting my body have a few extra minutes of doing nothing before the day starts.

At 6 I was up and decided to just get on with my bike workout. I brewed a new coffee, Dunkin Donuts Strawberry Shortcake coffee(it is alright) and some Smore Waffles(delicious). I then prepped the bike and headed out.

I have a few rides left to get in this week so I had to decide which ride to do. I opted for my shorter ride of 36 miles because my groin area is beyond sore after being in the saddle for close to three hours on Monday. I ended up doing 38 miles and could not be happier to be out of the saddle. My manhood feels like it....well nevermind.

It was a beautiful morning. I decided to try a new route for something different. I headed straight out on Utica Ridge to 300th Street and then I wanted to loop to Scott County Park, ride around and then head back. Well, a road was close so I was forced to change things up. I headed to McCausland to take a drink break at the corner gas station. I then headed back to Utica Ridge to ride back. I made a T pattern.

On my ride  I encountered the lovely red wing blackbirds again. However, today was different. I was maliciously attacked by I swear a Red Winged Duck! It was not actually a duck, but this bird had to have been on steroids because it was huge. I can be dramatic, but the first dive bomb actually moved my head. It was super scary. He then proceeded to attack two more times. This bird was no joke. I have come to the conclusion that if you ride over 22 mph they don't attack, but anything under you are prone to be sought after. Beware of the Red Winged Duck on Utica Ridge. It is hiding quietly just waiting to take a plunge at your head. It then silently disappeared like an aerial Loch Ness.

Other then that, the ride was uneventful. I just need to decide what else I will get done training wise before Amanda leaves for the day. In the meantime, I have bills to do and a crazy one year old to deal with. Adios!

Post a Comment