1. I am working on a new name for my bike and it is harder work than expected. I shared the following names on Twitter, but heard nothing back so perhaps these names are no good, but here is my current brainstorm list.
- Jose Cervelo - I don't drink tequila, but this just has a ring to it. This one seems to be standing out to me over the rest, but I am not sold yet.
- Chick Magnet - This is simply because I am dive bombed by red wing blackbirds on EVERY SINGLE BIKE RIDE.
- Karnov - a great old NES video game that is highly underestimated
- Alice In Chains - So far every bike ride my chain has popped off
- Marsellus Wallace - do I need to say more?
- Vincent Vega - ditto
2. I am coming to realize all the stories and blog posts about weird tan lines and the use of sunscreen. I did not use sunscreen while riding my trainer in my driveway earlier this week. Here is the result. It hard to see in the picture, but there are about three shades of burn on my bike from when I had a shirt on, took the shirt off, and then sanding the deck.
Also, I don't recommend sunscreen in the middle of sanding as it locks in the sawdust and white paint powder to your arms. It does not come off. Trust me, I know.
My legs have several layers of burn from tri shorts, running shorts, and not shorts(just kidding).
3. If you ride over 22 mph, the red wing blackbirds will not attack. I tested this theory today with 100% accuracy while out on the roads. You can bet your bottom dollar that when I see a shadow lurking I am pedaling like crazy.
4. You do walk funny after putting in a lot of miles on the bike. My groin area hurts in places that should never hurt.
5. When open water swimming and you come to shore with four younger kids(I call them kids, but they are probably in their 20's) who just got done smoking weed and you appear in a full body wetsuit you just messed with their heads big time. I don't know if they would have been able to save me, but it would have made for an interesting debacle.
6. Backwater Gamblers ski show people are insane. Who in their right mind jumps off a dock with a boat going 40 mph so they can land on their backs and just get tossed around to only stand up and barefoot ski.
7. I hate hair as you know. I have not problems shaving my arms, but I just cannot get over the idea of shaving my legs. I have pondered it. I don't know why. I think......actually I don't think anything and this was just completely random.
8. Drinking pop on the bike leaves me with a weird metallic taste in my mouth the rest of the day.