Thursday, August 9, 2012

It's Official - Pigman Long Triathlon, Here I Come



Today I finally made it official. I have had this race on my radar and training for this one since Racine. I had kept coming up with excuses to not sign up for the race.

Part of me kept looking for any reason to not get back at this distance of a race after Racine and just let it be.

Part of me is excited and pumped up to prove to myself that I can do better than Racine.

Mostly, I love doing triathlons and testing my body and mind.

I know nothing of this course. I am not sure I even want to know. I will check out the course soon, but signing up is the most important.

Next Sunday, August 19th, I will be testing myself again in the 70.3 distance. I have about one week to dial in my nutrition so I avoid the issues I had with Racine. I have changed a few strategies as well when it comes to the run. I feel better about heading into this race having one race under my belt.

Here is a link to the race page: http://www.pigmantri.com/

I will end this week with some solid training and begin to taper next week.

Time to GET IT DONE!

No comments: