Monday, April 1, 2013

Training Day 8: Get Faster Block - Week 2 Swim

Here is my workout I knocked out this morning. Felt much better in the pool this morning. I have not had time to look at my swim times, but worked hard on pushing pace while maintaining form. I did not fatigue as bad throughout this session.

WU: 400 - 100 Free, 100 pull, 100 kick, 100 free

MS1: 8 x 100 (30"), as 50 Sprint, 50 Easy 8 x 50 (15"") as 25 Sprint, 25 Easy 100 Sprint 
Set Total: 1300 
*During this set the pool became busy and we had to circle swim. During my easy sets I had to swim super easy to not run into the lap swimmers I was in a lane with. A bit frustrating because it was clear I was the only one in the entire pool doing speed sets and he still chose my lane. It worked out well and we had to adjust, but that is life.

MS2: 2 x 200 (20"), any pace you like, counting strokes and focusing on form. Set Total: 400
I did one set with pull buoy to work on technique. However, I only swam 150 yards as I was messed up with the circle swimming. My next set was 250 doing just free working on really holding my position.

CD: 100 easy Total: ~2200 

Tonight I plan on doing a run workout to get my mile intervals in. I will be doubling up these next few days to get my workouts in before being out of town.

My weigh in this morning was not too terrible. Despite eating a mass amount of food and candy this weekend I was still able to knock out .5 of a pound. I am hoping for better results this week by staying the course much better than last week. I did not eat the best, but am merging towards cleaner eating in stages :)

No comments: