Friday, July 1, 2011

Getting It Done - Challenge For You - Find Motivation/Inspiration in Unique Places

Not every single day of our lives can we wake up excited and loaded with a motivated mindset to achieve our goals.

Sometimes we must look deep within ourselves to find the motivation to stick with the plan and training to reach our potential.

Sometimes we look deep within ourselves and cannot find any motivation. So what are we to do? We must look elsewhere. We must look around our world to find motivation.

What unique place, story, person, TV show, etc. have you found motivation to keep to your plan?

I will share an example I had the other day. I was listening to a podcast, Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me, and it was one from a few weeks ago. The Queen/King of Drag, Ru Paul was on the show for some trivia questions and (I know you are probably questioning my sanity right now) one of the things Ru Paul said really stuck in my mind weeks later.

Ru Paul said the following,

If I am going to be on this planet, I am going to make the most of it.........otherwise I don't want to be here. .....My life is so much better, so much enriched if I make the effort,  if I actually celebrate being here on this planet.

What a great take on life. On the days when I struggle to get out and run, lift, work on a school project, finding energy to play with the kids, etc. this little thought goes through my head and I am reminded to make the most of the time I have. Who knows how long we have here on Earth so don't sit around and wait for it, go out and GET IT DONE!

My second example of motivation is a student in my school. She is awesome. She is her own person and she does not care about the immaturity of those around her. She is finding herself and and doing great things along the way. She has jumped on board with setting a goal for herself in the GETTING IT DONE project.

She has a wonderful ability to write. She is very creative and has not only written poems and short stories, but a novel or two along the way. She is working on a novel right now and on her blog has mapped out a plan for her to finish her goal of completing her novel by the end of the summer.

She has created a writing camp for herself with modifications.

She has written her goal down on paper to make it real as I suggested in my GETTING IT DONE series. 

She has created a goal for herself to help her GET IT DONE!

You go girl!

For the rest of you, you can still create a goal and submit it to me for me to help you out on your journey. I am in the process of creating my first email out to those of you who have shared your goals with me. Send them to aarmau@gmail.com

Continue to GET IT DONE!

1 comment:

Frankie said...

9405 - and that's where I'm clocking out for the day. :) This series is so helpful. My novel would probably just have fallen to wayside like so many others if this hadn't inspired Macy and I to write the novels of our dreams.